Your opportunity to make a difference
In 1992, Qualibooks was established with the vision of serving the broad educational community with the provision of quality school resources.
With almost 30 years of success and experience, having distributed millions of school books all across South Africa, Qualibooks has since established itself as a trustworthy and reliable service provider within the educational fraternity.
Qualibooks have created a solution that answers the need of schools that lack library facilities, and that is, the “Wheelie Bookwagon” range of mobile library units.
These Wheelie Bookwagons are fully-stocked with curriculum-enhancing library resources, and offer a medium to long-term solution for all schools and communities that lack access to these essential facilities.
Advantages of our mobile library (Wheelie Bookwagon)
- Compact and easily mobile.
- Four heavy-duty castors with rubber tyres and a braking mechanism.
- Durable – made of steel.
- Lockable and securely fitted with one or two doors, depending on size.
- Finished with superior quality epoxy polyester powder coating.
- Two, four or eight shelf options available.
- Capacity to cater for up to 800 books.
Qualibooks is known to be of great benefit to corporates in South Africa that seek to invest some or all of their Corporate Social Investment (CSI) funds in the education sector.
We are a B-BBEE Level 2 Contributor
- Corporate Social Investment (CSI)
- Optimising their B-BBEE scorecard points
- Enterprise Development (ED)
- Supplier Development (SD)
- Section 18A Tax Benefits via Partners
Make a difference
This opportunity serves as a unique Corporate Social Investment (CSI) initiative for the benefit of school children:
- The Wheelie Bookwagon offers a medium to long-term cost-effective solution;
- They are mobile, accessible and contents are secured;
- Branding is done on the Wheelie Bookwagon to maximise the investors brand exposure in the communities;
- No minimum amount required to spend;
- Initiatives can be tailored to the investor’s specific needs;
- The investor can nominate an institution where they’d like to make an impact;
- An opportunity for brand awareness in the beneficiary communities;
- Investors take “ownership” of a tangible project that can be a multi-year involvement;
- Requires a short roll-out and implementation schedule, since books and mobile libraries are in stock and readily available.
Hope for our nation
In South Africa, we recognise the fact that literacy levels are not what they should be.
This is primarily due to a lack of access to quality library resources.
- Of the approximately 27,000 public schools in South Africa, almost 86% are under resourced, having little or no library resourcesand/or no librarians.
- 80% of schools functioning below required standard*
- 78% of children fail to red with comprehension at grade 4 level**
* Statistical information from the Department of Education **PIRLS report